Cold Saltwater Spa
The Cold Saltwater Spa uses very cold saltwater and a vigorous turbulating action to provide an incredibly effective treatment for reducing inflammation in lower leg injuries and accelerating the body's natural healing processes.
Spa therapy has been very effective in treating & speeding up the recovery of injured tendons, ligaments, shins, splints, feet, wounds, cuts & bruises.
The Therapeutic effects of Cold Saltwater:
- Temperature: The Spa solution is maintained at 35 F to help minimize heat and inflammation. This provides pain management and inhibits enzyme degradation of soft tissue structures post injury.
- Increased Circulation: As a horse is treated, vasoconstriction occurs. On exiting the spa the leg gradually warms causing vasodilation and a significant increase in blood supply which in turn promotes healing.
- Injury Prevention: Prevention is always better than cure. By regular use of cold therapy immediately after hard exercise, many of the stressors within tissues are removed before inflammation develops. Cold also significantly improves surface bone density reducing the opportunity for bone stress related injuries to commence.
- Salt Concentration: The high salt concentration in the spa solution acts as a hypertonic poultice, draws on the leg and provides a natural healing effect on wounds.
- Aeration: The vigorous turbulating action of the water the massages the leg and increases the dissolved oxygen content of the spa solution